August 24, 2006 - BayXP Summary of Agile 2006
Nine gathered tonight at the Thoughtworks San Francisco office tonight, 4 of whom attended Agile 2006 and 5 of us did not. Things I remember from the conversation, in no order of importance:
- Agile has crossed the chasm, "everyone doing it" was the word on the street
- Success stories even in very large teams/companies
- Wanted more discussion on how to change culture
- Coding Dojo session was excellent and would make for a good future BayXP meeting
- Data no longer a four letter word! (Refactoring Databases)
- Surprisingly valuable discussion by some Microsofties of their TDD Pair Programming Game (complete with phase transition diagram)
- The Open Spaces part was allocated a horrible space -- think low ceilings and harsh lighting -- and this combined w/the relative neglect compared to previous years led to a feeling of low energy...
- ...except the Getting Things Done session got high marks
- Crushing Fear Under the Iron Heel of Action got high marks with Ron and Chet described as living cartoons (in a good way)
I know there was more but I didn't take notes, so that's all you get, unless some kind soul adds more info in the comments.
Posted by Jeffrey Fredrick at August 24, 2006 12:16 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Crossed the chasm? Or jumped the shark?
(I wasn't there. Just curious.)
Kevin Lawrence on August 24, 2006 10:14 AM
Post a comment